Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- With its allover sequins, Calypso St Barth's Editha Dress ($250) provides a glitzy foundation for the first ensemble.
- Next, Lawson adds 525 America's Knitted Rabbit Fur Poncho ($425), which works overtime adding both texture and a little warmth to the ensemble.
- With its 20-inch shoulder drop, Pietro Allesandro's "Joie" Italian leather crossbody bag ($148) is easier to carry than a clutch.
- For a little edge, the boutique owner layers on 14 karat gold vermeil spike bracelets ($28-$42).
- The next look features head-to-toe silk to bring out your inner lady Hugh Hefner. Top ($375) and cropped pants ($295), both by Ramy Brook.
- The chain link Kmo Necklace ($265) adds interest and a little glitter.
- Lawson chooses AH by Alexis Hudson's "Ciara" Sequin Envelope Clutch ($195) for its sparkle—a must for the occasion.
- Black onyx "Vivi" Earrings ($98) complete the look.
You can't go wrong with an LBD for New Year's Eve, but sometimes a girl just needs to explore her options. Here, Kate Lawson, owner of the Main Line boutique Menagerie, shelves basic black to create two New Year's Eve party-ready ensembles that combine the evening's requisite sparkle with textures like fur and pavé.
· Menagerie [Official Site]
· The Modern Gentleman's Ultimate Holiday Party Survival Guide [Racked Philly]
· How Aoki's Alina Alter Styles White-Hot Winter Looks [Racked Philly]