Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The fun begins with an ivory frock by Lovers and Friends ($185).
- The cotton knit dress has a sexy scoop back and a flirty fit. Ooh la la!
- For day, Alina adds a pop of color with this turquoise necklace ($118) by Soixante Neuf.
- The addition of this sequin blazer ($196) by Pinkyotto takes the dress from casual to fab.
- For extra pizazz, Alina adds a feather capelet ($132) by Sweet Evie. "You can also reverse the capelet so that the chains dangle down your back," notes the boutique owner.
- Next up: A day look comprised of a basic Alternative Apparel tank and Pinkyotto's sequin mini skirt ($104).
- The comfy racerback tank is a bargain find at $18.
- Alina adds a fur vest ($52) by Umgee and a statement necklace ($154) by We Dream in Colour, et voila, this ensemble is ready to party.
- Never fear: this fur is faux.
- The copper necklace charms are oxidized for a greenish tint.
They say not to wear white after Labor Day, but if you ask Aoki's Alina Alter, rules were meant to be broken. Here, the boutique owner styles two not-so-basic ivory pieces to create a dazzling duo of holiday party-ready ensembles.
· Aoki [Official Site]