Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- The mall features two central holiday displays: one in the Court, the other in the Plaza.
- Custom-designed for the mall, the Bloomingdale's Court holiday tree measures in at 48 feet.
- The tree performs an hourly animated light show choreographed to a seven-minute holiday soundtrack.
- The tree bears the weight of 152 animated toys and ornaments, 60 strobe lights, and thousands of white lights.
- Toys featured on the tree include teddy bears, rocking horses, toy soldiers, dolls, and toy tops.
- Over in the Plaza's Nordstrom Court, a holiday carousel displays scenes from Valley Forge National Historic Park and Longwood Gardens.
- Eighteen handmade, handpainted reindeer circle the inside of the carousel. "You must be this tall to ride," says Santa.
- A 30-foot tree perches atop the carousel, twinkling with over 22,450 miniature lights.
- The carousel cresting features ten hand-painted scenes unique to the Valley Forge area, and required over 200 hours of artistic rendering.
- Inspired by Longwood Gardens, over a quarter million individual petals comprise the flower bed at the carousel's base.
- Twenty life-sized decorated reindeer greet shoppers at the mall’s entrances.
- With a combined height of 48 feet, the world's largest man-made Manzanita reindeer stand guard at the mall's Neiman Marcus entrance. The reindeer are crafted from the branches of the Manzanita shru
Fun fact #1: The King of Prussia Mall's two main holiday displays are made in America by the century-old company Barrango. The Nordstrom Court's fully-functioning holiday carousel was custom-built entirely within Barrango's San Francisco factory, the fiberglass reindeer modeled after antiques. Click through the gallery for more KOP Mall holiday decor facts, in numbers.
·King of Prussia Mall [Official Site]