Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Whether or not you're prepared to embrace the return of grunge, '90s-inspired fashion is one of the season's top trends, slipping into our wardrobes via plaids, skater dresses, and of course, lace-up Docs.
If a pre-rehab Courtney Love and an Empire Records Liv Tyler are among your spirit animals, these four Philly boutiques have the styles you're looking for .—Courtney Conigliaro
- 100% cotton Longhorn Skull and Rose Tunic by RAGs & Thread, $42 at Aoki.
- This slightly oversized, slouchy sweater helps you nail the tomboy look. Leopard Print Sleeved Jumper by Lucca Couture, $72 at Aoki
- Black and red checks and cute cut-outs make this fit and flare dress the perfect combo of feminine and edgy. Skater Dress by Lucca Couture, $86 at Aoki
- Flannel shirt with gold studding and faux leather sleeves and collar by Reverse, $62 at Aoki
- From Chestnut Street's Knit Wit: Alexander Wang Jacket, $1,750; Closed Jeans, $229; Equipment Blouse, $248.
- The look from Knit Wit is completed by a pair of Matisse boots, $150.
- Also from Knit Wit: Carolina Amato Fingerless Gloves, $50. (Knit Wit photos courtesy Briana Louise Sposato.)
- From East Passyunk Avenue's Nicole Rae Styer: Houndstooth tunic, $65; studded bracelets, $30; embellished bird cage-style hat, $55; vintage denim vest, $30; Sultana Asc
- Also from Nicole Rae Styer: High-low embellished top, $62; Sultana Aschim skull and crossbone earrings, $30; embellished animal print clutch, $40; leather woven vintage
- From Smak Parlour: Fitted Sweater Skirt, $45; Charcoal Skull Top, $52; Faux Leather Distressed Jacket, $70; Skull Scarf, $18
- Also from Smak Parlour: Rose Eye Skull Tank, $42; American Flag Denim Shirt, $54; Hair Scarf, $8; Lion Head Necklace, $25.
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked Philly]