Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- All images courtesy Madewell
- "This tee is incredibly versatile; it can be worn and layered with just about everything." Modern
- "You can wear these year-round, with skinny jeans in the winter and a dress in the summer—a go-to classic." The Charley Boot, $198
- "This shirt is the perfect mix of boy and girl." Flannel Tomboy Workshirt in buffalo check, $74
- "If you're going to invest in one thing this season, it should be this leather jacket. You'll wear it to pieces." Modern Leather Bomber, $525
- "I love this new take on a classic black skinny; the coating adds an extra edge." Skinny Skinny Coated Jeans, $135
Excited about Walnut Street's new Madewell store? So are we. The sister brand to J.Crew will debut its brand-spankin'-new 1716 Walnut Street location on Tuesday, October 15, with a grand opening celebration that promises surprises and an up-close and personal look at the label's autumn essentials.
To whet your appetite for what's to come, Madewell's head of design, Somsack Sikhounmuong, shares the five must-have items from Madewell's fall 2013 collection, all of which will be available to purchase in the brand's Philly store come Tuesday. Stay tuned: Next week, we'll be partnering with Madewell to give away an amazing suede satchel to one lucky Racked Philly reader.
· Madewell [Official Site]
· Madewell's Official Grand Opening Will Be Feted With Freebies [Racked Philly]
· New J.Crew Factory Will Lure You Outside Philly City Lines [Racked Philly]