Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
When they're not stocking their boutiques with the latest and greatest, Philly store owners pack their suitcases for some much-needed R&R. Here, nine Philadelphia shopkeeps share a photo and a thought from their favorite vacations, from their travels to "Middle Earth," Munich, and beyond. (Can you guess which store owner once partied with models at a Duran Duran concert in Iceland?)
- Stef Lutzo, owner, Adresse: This is a photo from our first trip to LA with my boys, which proved that they are the greatest travelers ever! It marked the beginning of many more adventures!
- Ky Cao, co-founder of South Street men's store Ps & Qs: Hawaii is paradise! Good food, good time, good vibes. But for me, the greatest thing about Hawaii is the sound and the feel of the ocean and to se
- Ann Gitter, owner, Knit Wit: I go every year to London over Thansgiving. The holiday decorations are up and everything looks magical. Love shopping in Shoreditch and seeing all the new, fun stores!
- Sara Selepouchin, owner, Occasionette: My husband and I visited Munich, Germany, on our honeymoon earlier this year and absolutely loved it. One of my favorite things was watching the older couple
- Liz Sieber, owner, Omoi Zakka Shop: I consider myself a city girl and always sought out busy, city trips in the past. I wasn’t sure what to expect in San Diego, California, so instead of making
- Elena Brennan, owner, Bus Stop: One of my favorites was Vilnius, the capital of Lithuania. I had no idea that the city, once part of Russia, had such a cultural art scene! This photo was taken in fron
- Alina Alter, owner, Aoki: I took a trip to Iceland with my dad when I graduated from high school in 2005. I felt like I traveled to Middle Earth or something! I loved the dramatic landscape and weather,
- Craiger Drake, owner, Craiger Drake (pictured with girlfriend Denise): Jackson Hole is my new favorite Vacation spot. Amazing hikes, fun nightlife, great food, and an occasional trip to a cowboy ba
- David Grimes, owner, Armour (704 S. 4th Street): I love Anguilla because the beaches look like they are right off the pages of a magazine, and I've always been impressed and inspired by the local artwork—
· All Travel Week 2013 posts [Racked Philly]