Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Radiant Orchid was recently named 2014's Color of the Year by Pantone. Described as an "enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones" by the color pros, Radiant Orchid (aka pinkish lavender) is forecasted to take over the fashion, beauty, and design world in the New Year.
We'll believe it when we see it, but if you'd like to dip your toe in the Radiant Orchid waters now, here are eight locally-available items to get your feet wet.
- Ponte Fit & Flare Dress, $18.74 (on sale) at Target
- Featuring an illustration by Philly artist Gretchen Diehl, the Orchid Necklace is a bargain buy at $20.
- Mark's Colors A6 Planner in Purple, $26 at Pine Street's Omoi Zakka Shop
- Gilded jacquard Cafe Capri Pants, $149.99 (on sale) at J.Crew
- Livia Sunglasses, $158 at Kate Spade
- Deborah Lippmann "Between the Sheets" nail polish, $19 at Beans Beauty
- Puma FAAS 100 R Running Shoe, $89.95 at Nordstrom
- Handmade drusy quartz Star Ring, $198 at Fishtown's Adorn
· All Buy It Now Posts [Racked Philly]
· Oooh: Pantone Unveils Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid [Racked National]
· Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014 [Pantone]