Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Going, Going, Gone! is our look at best-selling items at boutiques and stores around the Philly area. Notice something flying off the racks at your favorite shopping spot? Hit the tipline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You could probably shop East Passyunk Avenue's Occasionette with a blindfold on and still walk out with something that you love. However, this holiday season, shoppers are using their eyeballs to gravitate toward two items in particular. Keep reading to learn what store owner Sara Selepouchin says are the two top sellers at her popular gift boutique—and why she has a sweet spot for both items, too.
- "The World's Most Amazing Super Awesome Cat Calendar" ($20) is 12 months of the artist's cat dressed up in really elaborate, themed costumes, sitting on a handmade little backdrop, looking intensely pissed off. Personally, I'm a dog person, but even I lov
- "The Philadelphia Rowhouse Tea Towels ($14) from Girls Can Tell—brand new for this season—have been flying out the door, too. They're a perfect gift for people in the neighborhood (what
· Occasionette [Official Site]
· All Going Going Gone! posts [Racked Philly]
· Here's a Peek at Occasionette, EPA's New Gift Boutique [Racked Philly]