Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you Ian Michael Crumm, our resident men's fashion expert, here to share style pointers and tips for tackling the latest trends in menswear. Straighten those neckerchiefs—Ian is on the go!
Image credit: Wool and Cotton Scarf, $72 from American Trench
Have you finished your holiday shopping yet? If you're like me, that's a no—but let's not panic yet. While browsing for cool gifts to give to guys, I came across eleven awesome items to share with you. From clothes to spa treatments to libations, here's my 2013 holiday gift guide for the guys—or yourself! Have holiday gift ideas you'd like to share? Tweet at @IanMCrumm and @RackedPhilly to share your holiday purchases. Stay warm because, baby, it's cold outside!
- Rejuvenate from a chaotic December with the Eyes Renew Treatment ($65) and Eviama Simple Facial ($109) from Eviama Life Spa in Midtown Village. [Image credit:
- From American Trench, this wool and cotton scarf ($72) is gorgeous. Made in America and designed in Philadelphia, it'll will keep you warm while making you feel good fo
- Handmade in West Philly, PB & Jams's nut butters are all-natural and come in five varieties. This particular gift set ($25) has four of the varieties, along with two jam flavors.
- Sassafras Bar is an awesome place to grab holiday libations and modified traditional Philly foods (e.g. a Philly cheesesteak with brie). Grab a gift certificate (varying amounts) at their Old City location and treat
- This cocktail kit ($340) is available online and at Art in the Age in Old City. Pack this with your favorite holiday libations and some snacks, and head to your friend’s hou
- Pointer Brand makes this camo tote bag ($70), available at Totem Brand in the South Street Headhouse District. It’s lightweight and durable. Wear it now, wear it in the spring; it works for all seasons.
- Get in the holiday spirit with red polka dot pants ($88) by Publish available at Ps & Qs in the South Street Headhouse District.
- This customized stationery ($49.95) from The Papery comes with 50 printed cards and corresponding blank envelopes. If you’re sending thank you notes, why not send those notes on personalized stationery?
- Dirty Dust Spice Blend ($16.99) from Cook Dirty is a blend of garlic, turmeric and other spices. It can be used for a lot of dishes (mainly meats), but is also used for chef Ian Russo’s
- These Japanese selvage denim jeans ($298) by Norman Porter are constructed in Philadelphia with, well, Japanese selvage denim. They have a very crisp look and form to your body as
- Jillian Essex bracelets ($39 each) are great simple additions to a weekend outfit. I like the silver accents against the black beads. They’re available at Metro Men’s Clothing on East Passyunk Avenue.