Philly Store Closings
- Once a treasure trove of antiques and glittery costume jewelry, the popularity of this South Street-area store took a nosedive once the owner decid
- After 12 years on Manayunk's Main Street, Tag Denim announced that just last week that it will shutter for good on December 31. [Image credit:
- Another Manayunk shop to close this year, Revival Smith made a seemingly speedy exit in June.
- Many blamed Philly pride and an under-promoted venue for the failure of the Brooklyn Flea Philly. Happily, the Flea's Philly manager
- Liz Burt shuttered her three-year-old Old City boutique in October to deal with an illness in the family.
- A lack of foot traffic was to blame for the closure of Old City's Carousel Vintage. The last we heard, store owner Sara Jayne had p
- Many mourned Barneys' retirement of the Co-op nameplate, as Barneys Co-op in Rittenhouse Square is now simply Barneys New York.
- Now home to Bella Turka, Scarlet Fiorella
- We were said to see Arcadia close its Rittenhouse location in the spring. Luckily, the boutique's sister store in NoLibs remains open.
- Undoubtedly this year's most talked about closing, Sarah Van Aken's eco-chic, sustainable boutique, SA VA, closed in early December