Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Going, Going, Gone! is our look at best-selling items at boutiques and stores around the Philly area. Notice something flying off the racks at your favorite shopping spot? Hit the tipline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "These [H by Hudson] boots are incredibly comfortable, well made, and perfectly mix rugged with city chic," says Ahn.
- "They’re a no brainer with denim, but they also look great with a pencil dress."
- "To many, [Mother Denim] is most comfortable you can find. We have tried and tested many a jean!"
- "Our customers love LemLem for travel, beach, and running around town." (Dress, $218)
Proving that the ankle boot trend is still going strong, the H by Hudson "Horrigan" boot ($285) is one of the best-selling items at the Wayne shop Eaves. "They've been snatched up since the minute we got our first shipment," says Susan Ahn, the owner of the women's designer boutique. Jeans by Mother Denim have also proven to be a top seller, despite the hefty $198 price tag. Ahn reveals that the line's marriage of function and fit have made the jeans a "staple, tried and true favorite" for most customers.
Rounding out the best-seller trio, gauzy pieces by Lemlem—the philanthropic clothing and accessories line from model Liya Kebede—are a must-have. " We call it our 'happy' line; it has wonderful roots, feels loved, and makes customers feel effortlessly unique." Hand-woven in Ethiopia, the cotton pieces are known to cause a wait list at the boutique.
· Eaves [Official Site]
· Going, Going, Gone! [Racked Philly]