Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A summer staple, white jeans are freshly-stocked at the Chestnut Street designer boutique Knit Wit. Styles by Levi's Made & Crafted, Closed, and J Brand are on display, but store owner Ann Gitter is partial to a pair of cropped, boyfriend jeans by J Brand. So what's Gitter's number one tip for wearing white jeans? "Don't eat spaghetti sauce." Touché.
- Styles from Levi's Made & Crafted, Closed, and J Brand are in stock at Knit Wit.
- Gitter's favorite style, J Brand's Aidan Slouchy Boy Jeans ($202).
- Gitter styles the Aidan jeans with the feather-printed "Daddy Shirt" by Equipment ($288).
- The shirt is sheer, made of silk chiffon.
- Gitter provides modesty via a white bralette by Coobie ($20).
- To complete the look, the store owner suggests a pair of funky Superga sneakers ($65-$85).