Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
There's no better way to really stick it to your siblings than by buying Mom a wonderfully thoughtful Mother's Day gift—one that will secure your position as her favorite child (until the next holiday rolls around, at least). Does this mean you have mommy issues? Mull it over on your way to therapy, and make a detour for any of these 11 non-sucky Mother's Day gifts. For more Mother's Day coverage, follow this link.
- Trois Petits Points Paris Gold Enameled Lockets, $89-$119 at Scarlett Alley.
- Set of three Rifle Journals, $12.95 at Paper Source.
- BAGGU small leather zip pouch, $20 at Pine Street's Omoi Zakka Shop.
- Taki Watches, $85 at Hello World.
- White porcelain Eiffel Tower Salt and Pepper Shakers, $15 at Manayunk's The Little Apple.
- Terrariums by Philly's own Stitch Prism, $20-$50 at VIX Emporium and Nice Things Handmade.
- Portrait by Philly fashion artist Denise Fike, $50+ for line drawings; $300-$2,000 for paintings from photo or sitting.
- Ceramic jewelry dishes, $28 at East Passyunk Avenue's Occasionette.
- Vintage pewter and brass teapot from Morocco, $110 at South Street's Mushmina.
- Tiffany pearl bracelets with sterling silver (from left): $750, $500, $275, $525 at Tiffany & Co.
- Hand-crafted, small-batch perfume by DS & Durga, $94 at Art in the Age.
· All Mother's Day coverage [Racked Philly]
· Philly's Best Gift Shops for Mother's Day—and Beyond [Racked Philly]