Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
If there's ever a day you want your best friends by your side, it's your wedding day. Our advice? Don't alienate them with a demand they don a one-wear-only tulle nightmare down the aisle.
For all tastes, body shapes, and budgets, these 10 dresses will have your bridesmaids beaming as they share your big day—and won't spend the rest of eternity stuffed toward the back of a closet.
- With its botanical print and floaty fabric, your bridesmaid will reach for J.Crew's Arabelle Dress<
- Your bridesmaids can wear Lilly Pulitzer's Pearl Shift ($348) to the ceremony now and the country club later.
- She'll look smokin' hot in this curve-hugging LBD. (ML Monique Lhuillier
- Light as air with a subtle metallic sheen, Nicole Miller's Angelina Hi-Lo Diosa Dress ($495) would flutter in the breeze at a beachfront ceremony.
- Vera Wang's V Neck Sleeveless Chiffon Column Dress ($168 at David's Bridal) begs for a vintage rhinestone bro
- Ellelauri "Chloe" Dress ($180 at Aoki) can transition from backyard wedding to backyard barbecue.
- Even if your BFF's a total wild child, she'll relish fooling 'em into thinking otherwise in Lela Rose's refined cocktail dress. (Price upon request at Elizabeth Johns in Ardmore.)
- With its playful skirt and Aubrey Hepburn-esque neckline, this dress says, "I could party you under the table—and still look like a lady doing it." (Noir by Lazaro black cocktail dres
- Post-wedding, BHLDN's Macaron Shoppe Dress ($220) would look cute paired with a cardigan and a statement ne
- Dressy but not too dressy, the Trefoil Flutter Dress ($148 at Anthropologie) could be worn to the office.
· Weddings Week 2013 [Racked Philly]