Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
"Happily ever after" comes with a hefty price tag, especially if you're planning an invite-everyone-and-their-second-cousin kind of wedding. Leave a little room in your bank account for the "ever after" part with these 17 affordable yet stunning engagement rings. From eco-friendly to Art Deco, there's a little something in here for every budget.
- Art Deco 0.60 carat diamond platinum engagement ring, $2,495 at A Brandt and Son.
- .50ct princess cut diamond set in white gold, ~$3K by Jen Green Custom Jewelry.
- Sapphire set into white gold with matching band, ~$3K Jen Green Custom Jewelry.
- Hearts on Fire Copley solitaire 18k white gold with .30 ct center diamond, $2,750 at Bernie Robbins.
- Hearts on Fire five-stone engagement ring in 18k white gold with .40 total diamond carats, $2,700 at Bernie Robbins.
- Hearts on Fire Insignia solitair in 18k yellow gold with .30 carat center diamond, $2,490 at Bernie Robbins.
- 18kt white gold diamond ring from the Art Deco period, $1,950 at Greenhill Jewelers.
- 14K yellow gold antique style ring with 8 accent round diamonds and a 1.09ct. oval fantasy cut tanzanite, $1,850 at Safian & Rudolph on Jewelers' Row.
- 14K white gold diamond halo ring with a 1/4ct. of round diamonds surrounding a 1.65ct. cushion cut blue topaz, $995 at Safian & Rudolph.
- Craiger Drake .75 ct cushion-cut diamond ring, ~$3K. Round diamonds radiating down both sides of the ring shaft.
- Craiger Drake .75 carat round diamond platinum ring, ~$3K.
- Craiger Drake 1 carat oval sapphire ring surrounded by double halo diamonds, ~$3K
- Craiger Drake .5 carat radiant yellow diamond ring surrounded by double halo diamonds, ~$3K
- Concrete Polish Quartz Growth Ring in rose gold/quartz, $170. Upgrade to white or yellow gold; sapphires, tourmaline, or diamond stone for $16
- Bario Neal Yucca Ring, $1,465+. Shown with a .35ct diamond in 14kt rose gold with a high polish finish. Available in a variety of metals with a high-polish or matte finish.
- Bario Neal Textured Rose Cut Ring, $784+. This textured, bezel set ring features a 0.15ct rose cut champagne diamond. Available in a variety or metals with a matte or high
- Bario Neal Herkimer Diamond Ring, $694+. This simple prong-set ring features a 7 x 5mm double-terminated quartz, also known as a Herkimer diamond, mined in upstate New Yor