Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Papa don't preach! You're headed down the aisle with a bun in the oven, but that doesn't mean you have to sacrifice style on your big day. These nine gowns—one for each month of pregnancy—will emphasize that pregnancy glow, whether you want to flaunt your bump or keep your big secret under wraps.
- Month 1: You have enough of the pregnancy hormone to get a positive result on CVS' entire stock of pregnancy tests (you had to be sure!), but Junior is still the size of a poppy seed. Your secret's safe in this Manuel Elat Gown, $2,500 at
- Month 2: With morning sickness at its peak, you're living off Saltines and ginger ale. Try not to barf on Nicole Miller's Dakota Bridal Gown ($1,035 ).
- Month 3: Baby is growing at rapid speed, and so is your waistline. Fitted only through the ribcage, BHLDN's Ortensia Gown
- Month 4: Welcome to the second trimester! If your guests didn't know you're expecting, they will now. Incite speculative looks in J.Crew's Collection Lucinda Ballgown ($
- Month 5: By this point, no amount of tulle will hide Baby, and empire waistlines become your best friend. The beaded bust of this
- Month 6: The sweetheart neckline of Marchesa's "Gemma" Gown (price upon request at Elizabeth Johns) will accenuate your now-ample bustline.
- Month 7: Now that you've reached the third trimester, Tiny Human has hunkered down on your bladder. The short hemline of BHLDN's
- Month 8: Faviana's
- Month 9: The countdown begins! With a foot wedged under your rib cage, you'll take comfort where you can get it. This
- Post-Baby: While totally impractical for a new mom, the luxury of these Ari Dein Silk Pajamas ($350 at Hope Chest) will be the closest you'll get to a honeymoon. Mazel tov!