Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Humidity: a girl's worst nightmare. One drop of moisture in the air can take you from calm, cool, and collected to a sweaty, frizzy disaster area. Next time you see the clouds rolling in or a heatwave in your future, throw these seven locally-available items in your purse to ensure you get from A to B looking your absolute best—instead of an absolute hot mess.—Kate Concannon
- Your hair isn't just getting frizzy in unsavory weather conditions, it's aging! Fight off Father Time with the moisture and hair restoring proteins found in G Mele's Anti-Aging Hair Care Trio, $49.95 at Giovanni &
- Kick the stickiness of sweat by hydrating your skin with this soothing, skin invigorating Rose Water Toner Mist ($12) from Midtown Village's Duross & Langel. The natural ext
- Mother Nature may not be on your side, but one spritz of Oribe's Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray and your locks will never lose their luster. Look for it at Rittenhouse Square's
- The worst is when your hair feels like a blanket in the heat. Pull it back with a stylish Kitsch hair tie without leaving a crease. Not only do they come in every color of the rainbow, but they serve as cute wrist decor in their off-hours. Set of five Kit
- You can't run, but you CAN hide from humidity on a day when it gets the best of you. Throw on a pair of stylish shades to help shield the shine.
- Dap off the day's oil, sweat, and shine with the help of blotting papers—and keep that morning's makeup application intact. T
- If your makeup is melting, be sure to stop and hit your high points—cheekbones, chin, and forehead—with this Darci by Dicaprio bronzer for a fresh and natural look. Find it at Malvern beauty boutique K
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked Philly]