Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Image credit: Adorn
When it comes to commuting in unpredictable weather, Philly gals never leave home unprepared. Umbrellas, a pair of flats, a cardigan for protection from the office's subzero AC—a commuter's handbag has to be large enough to fit everything but the kitchen sink, while being stylish and practical for everyday use. Because let's face it: As cute as they are, teeny-tiny clutches and pochettes just aren't cut out for an on-the-go lifestyle.
Behold, commuting ladies of Philly, the five most stylish bags in the city that can properly hold your entire life in an organized fashion. Trust us, these will make you want to go bag lady-chic.—Kate Concannon
- Lighten your load with the one-of-a-kind Thai Tote Bag ($198) from Adorn. With three roomy interior pockets, this vintage piece will not only keep you organized, it'll he
- For commuting in this unbearable heat, all ladies deserve some kind of reward, like this Monserat De Luca Calla Tote ($249.95) from Scarlett Alley. Classic, chic, soft
- Rain, sleet, shine, or snow, the Reversible Vegan Leather Oversized Tote Bag ($59) from Urban Outfitters is a pack rat’s dream come true.
- The Pamela Star Bag ($88) from Third Street Habit has us seeing stars. This lightweight, punk rock-chic bag will make lugging around your life on-the-go a breeze.
- Talk about a classic summertime staple. This Design Africa Banana Fiber Tote ($36) from Vagabond is perfect, whether you're sweltering in the subway, catching up with fri
· All Buy It Now posts [Racked Philly]