Buy It Now: Apartment Decor
- 1) A mid-sized, neutral sofa. Pick something that’s big enough to seat you and some friends, yet small enough to fit through your apartment door. The Philadelphian Sofa, $1,080 on sale at Pin
- 2) Wall candy. No need to shell out major bucks on original art; spice up white walls with student artwork from Philly’s many local art schools or shop local boutiques for prints under $100.
- More of a black and white person? Surround this Sycamore Street Press print ($35 at Art Star) with your own black and white photos for an insane gallery wall.
- 3) A luxurious bed. Because everyone needs a place to conk out. Try an upholstered style with the most luxe bedding you can afford. Beige Queen Upholstered B
- Masterson Queen Upholstered Bed, $399.99, also from Furniture Lifestyle
- 4) A stand-out rug. Cover a hideous carpet in your rental or protect your toes from a frigid hardwood floor. Fallon Reversible Rug, $399 at Arch Street's Grossman Furn
- 5) Hip Lighting. This versatile clear lamp base lets you go wild and crazy with the shade. Buy a printed shade or customize a basic white shade with paint splatters, twine, or DIY grosgrain ribbon stripes.
- 6) Kitchen Essentials. A few pots, some good knives, barware, and basic dishware should set you up for your first dinner party. Joseph Joseph Mul
- The Cellar Dinnerware, $35 at Center City's Macy's
- 7) A customized desk. Add some Parisian flair to your home office with a French Provincial desk. Customize the piece with a coat of high gloss paint in hot pink, turquoise, or black. Add some original hardware to make it pop.
- Bubbled Glass Handles, $24 at Anthropologie
- 8) Fresh Flowers. Perk up any room with fresh flowers. Join an organic flower CSA (community-supported agriculture program) or pick up a bouquet at your local florist. Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op
- 9) Window treatments. Let in natural light with elegant sheers. Gypsy Panel-Rod Pocket Curtains, $21 from Castor Avenue's Marburn Curtains
- 10) A conversation piece. Whether it’s a sculpture, unique vintage find, or embellished dress form, every home should have a "wow"object that piques houseguests’ interest.
- Grazing Giraffe Stool, $79 at Ten Thousand Villages
- Unity Sculpture, $20 at Ten Thousand Villages