Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you Ian Michael Crumm, our resident men's fashion expert, here to share style pointers and tips for tackling the latest trends in menswear. Straighten those neckerchiefs—Ian is on the go!
A scene from last year's picnic. Image credit: Diner en Blanc
Diner en Blanc, the annual picnic dinner with a mandatory all-white dress code, joins Philadelphia for a second time on August 22 to celebrate the event's 25th global anniversary. If you were lucky enough to get a ticket (they sold out fast), you might be wondering where to get a white outfit. If so, you have come to the right place!
Check out my gallery for wardrobe recommendations and to see where white pieces are available in the city and online, and make note: No black or brown belts are allowed! Be sure to add a little spice to your look by paying attention to details; add a pocket square, try a hat, or strap on suspenders. Attendees have a chance to win the "Most Elegant Male" award, which is dinner for two at XIX in The Bellevue. Go all out!
- This Linen Cotton Suit Jacket ($79.99) from Perry Ellis is lightweight and has a polka dot lining. #score
- Pair the Perry Ellis jacket with these Linen Cotton Suit Pants ($39.99), also from Perry Ellis.
- This Slim Pindot Shirt ($88) from J.Crew is slim-fitting and has a button down collar. You're sure to look tailored!
- To add fun and class to your look (without breaking the bank), consider adding these White Clip Suspenders ($14.99) fr
- Made from 100% recycled materials, Huckstraps' White Belt ($24.95) is one-size fits all. Just cut the rubber strap to your size and attach the "huck" buckle.
- Don't want to worry about your tie falling into your dinner? Alfani comes to the rescue with this
- A budget-friendly option for the all-white theme, Target's
- From Kenneth Cole, the Down-Load Sneakers ($99.99) look super comfy, which is a must when you're walking to a picnic!