Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Good news for those trudging through the snow today: Queen Village footwear boutique Bus Stop has just kicked off a Winter White Sale that promises discounts on winter styles. From Friday, January 3 through Friday, January 10, take 35% off winter boots and shoes from hard-to-find makers, like Antelope, J. Shoes, Blackstone, and OTBT. Guys aren't excluded from the savings; Bus Stop has shoe selections for men, too.
After the jump, shopgirl Aubrie Costello shows us her seven favorite shoes from the sale, from the "polished and practical" to a pair of flannel-lined boots for the guys.
- Samantha Pleet Blixen: originally $330, now $214.50. "Beautifully-made lace up booties for dresses!"
- Kickers London High: originally $237, now $154.05. "Great tall boot in blue for walking around the city."
- OTBT Cataio: originally $159, now $103.35. "Comfy and looks great. Also great for the snow!"
- J Shoes Chariot: originally $239, now $155.35. "Polished, practical, vintage-inspired tall black boot!"
- Ben Sherman Men's Scott: originally $255, now $165.75. "Edgy, urban gum sole boot for men with flannel detail."
- J Shoes Men's High Gate: originally $210, now $136.59. "Warm, cozy flannel lined boot for men."
- J Shoes Men's Fellow: originally $229, now $148.85. "Gorgeous camel boot for a traditional man — with a twist."
· Bus Stop [Official Site]
· Philly's 38 Best Independent Boutiques, Fall 2013 [Racked Philly]
· How Bus Stop's Elena Brennan Brought a Little London to Philly [Racked Philly]