Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image credit: American Mortals/Facebook
- From American Mortals' house line of beauty products, Hair-o-In ($14) is replete with rose and jojoba seed oils, plus a hearty dose of B-5 vitamins to replenish t
- Oils of jojoba, olive, and coconut are blended with rosemary leaf and burdock root in this Fig + Yarrow Hair + Scalp Tonic ($34 at Anthropologie). Mix a small amount i
- Best used once a week for ten minutes, Bumble and Bumble's Mending Masque ($38 at Bluemercury) promises to leave tresses "marvelously manageable.
- The cure-all for heat styling damage, Beans Beauty's Esuchen Olive Hair Instant Treatment ($34.95) mends split ends and dryness caused by your trusty flat iron.
- A hydrating blend of olive fruit and avocado oils, Kiehl's Strengthening and Hydrating Hair Oil-in-Cream is said to reduce breakage by up to 75%. It's
- Aveda's Damage Remedy™ Intensive Restructuring Treatment ($34) replenishes the hair shaft with pure plant
- In addition to honey and hibiscus, 16 certified organic ingredients go into John Masters Organics' Honey & Hibiscus Hair Reconstructor ($28). The once-weekly treatment's soy
- Handmade within Duross & Langel's soap kitchen, this rich and creamy Revitalizing Hair Mask ($21) achieves optimal effectiveness when left in the hair for 60 minutes. It'll leave yo
Hiding a hot mess of static, frizz, and split ends under that winter beanie? Available locally, these deep conditioning treatments run the gamut from granola (quinoa powder, anyone?) to supercharged, scientific formulas capable of replenishing your tresses' elasticity. Take your pick, set a timer, and emerge from the shower with hair that's fresh as a springtime daisy—or something like that.
· Philly's 38 Best Salons, Spas, and Beauty Supply Stores [Racked Philly]
· Primp and Pamper at 9 of Philly's Very Best Day Spas [Racked Philly]
· Hush Salon Is Expanding Into a Bigger, Better Location [Racked Philly]