Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.Shop the look on Polyvore.
The girls over at Arcadia had a field day at the tradeshows for SS14. So much so, in fact, that they had to remind themselves to reel it in a bit. "It did get to the point where we had to say okay, no more black and white, crop tops, or neon," store manager Betsy Pierce says about the NoLibs boutique's dominant spring trends. "You can definitely get caught up in it, but we try to stay true to the Arcadia aesthetic. We keep our customers in mind whenever we are buying, and want to make sure we get what they want." After the jump, Pierce talks us through the season's trends, sharing styling tips and pointers along the way.
- Mary Meyer crop top, $58; BB Dakota Margo Jacket, $92; Nayan Shorts, $69; Sultana Maria statement porcupine quill necklace, $60: Scy Designs turquoise horn necklace, $42.
- Arcadia is the only Philly boutique to carry pieces from Brooklyn designer Mary Meyer. "Her designs are a favorite with the staff and customers," Pierce says. "The jersey fabrics are very unique with hand printed designs."
- Mary Meyer Stone Zero Maxi, $136; Raga crocheted tank, $74; Sultana Maria bottle necklace, $30; Sultana Maria howlite statement necklace, $60: Scy Designs turquoise horn necklace, $42.
- "I'm surprised that cropped tops are such a huge trend," says Pierce, "but it makes sense because everyone is wearing high-waisted bottoms."
- BB Dakota Elma tank, $62; Yvette Skirt, $62; vintage belt, $16; Jill Ellen dangle earrings, $20; Sultana Maria porcupine quill pendant, $44
- "Stay true to your personal style, and incorporate trendy pieces with classics," Pierce advises. "To look fashionable you need to be comfortable and confident."
"The hints of neon are fun, whether it's with nail polish, a necklace, or earrings."
· Arcadia [Official Site]
· All Spring Forward posts [Racked Philly]
· Philadelphia's 38 Best Independent Boutiques [Racked Philly]