Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.Shop the look on Polyvore.
Knit Wit forecasted black and white to be one of spring's hottest trends back in February, and they're sticking to their guns. "It's always a Knit Wit favorite and forever classic in the fashion world," says store owner Ann Gitter. Considering Arcadia and Ella's Grove also claim B&W as the season's must-have, we're beyond convinced.
Keep reading to learn about the two other spring trends—dressy shorts and florals— leading the pack at Gitter's Chestnut Street boutique, plus styling tips and techniques from the fashion industry veteran.
- A.L.C. Lightning Tank, $110
- Paul Smith Graphic Triangle Leather Belt, $228
- Haute Hippie Printed Anorak, $795
- A.L.C. Campbell Skirt, $396
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Medium Pashli Bag, $1075
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Colorblock Shirt, $365
- Alexander Wang leather Biker Vest, $1095
- Alexander Wang Leather Pencil Skirt, $1195
"When wearing black and white, maybe mix patterns, like dots with stripes and colorblock. Or add an accessory with a bright, pop of color—just have fun!"
· Knit Wit [Official Site]
· All Spring Forward posts [Racked Philly]
· Finally! The Season's Biggest Trend Is for the Rest of Us [Racked Philly]
· Knit Wit Owner Ann Gitter's Number One Tip for Wearing White Jeans [Racked Philly]