Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.Shop the look on Polyvore.
"Spring 2014 is all about Coachella," says The Geisha House boutique owner Cortney Cohen. But more importantly, it's the season of taking chances: "To catch these spring trends you have to be confident and carefree," she says. "Everyone just needs a style Xanax and to stop trying so hard. If you like it, wear it; that's how a trend begins."
Read on to learn more about The Geisha House's leading trends—festival-ready lace, body jewelry, and distressed denim—and the LA-based label that's already spurred a waitlist at Cohen's Old City boutique.
- For Love & Lemons embroidered lace dress, $225 (arriving in May; wait-listed)
- "Lace is not always formal," says Cohen. "You can absolutely pair a 'fancy' lace skirt with a tee shirt and chucks."
- "If some of my styles have open backs, and you are the kind of person that doesn't need to wear a bra, then don't! If you need to wear a bra, I tell customers that it is okay to have a smidge of that bralette show in the back." For Love & Lemons embroide
- For Love & Lemons nude and black lace top, $144; matching maxi skirt, $210 (arriving in May; wait-listed)
- For Love & Lemons black lace crop top, $123; black lace maxi skirt, $200
- "[Distress denim is] comfortable, sexy, and super stylish! C'mon, legging season is coming to an end; everyone has to opt out of this eventually." One Teaspoon Awesome Baggies, $142
- One Teaspoon Awesome Baggies, $142
- One Teaspoon Trashed Freebirds, $142
- One Teaspoon Destroyed Overall With Leather Straps, $139
"Distressed denim has totally matured from the 'Abercrombie' look to a more mature, more perfected classic. The destroyed boyfriend jean by One Tespoon is amazing, affordable, and looks blog-worthy with any top and shoe. The new skinny jean, in my opinion. Just sayin'."
[Ed. Note: The Geisha House is the exclusive Philly-area stockist of For Love & Lemons, One Teaspoon, Vanessa Mooney, and Luv Aj x Stone Cold Fox belts.]
· The Geisha House [Official Site]
· All Spring Forward posts [Racked Philly]
· Where to Shop in Old City: The Definitive Guide [Racked Philly]