Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Going, Going, Gone! is our look at best-selling items at boutiques and stores around the Philly area. Notice something flying off the racks at your favorite shopping spot? Hit the tipline at email@example.com.
- Paired with a Bianca Rachele knit scoop-back dress ($85) and the Katherine Roman large crystal necklace($125), the ADHD Driven drape sweater ($44) is one of Toile's top sellers.
- De Pietro attributes the cardishawl's popularity to its versatility: "All of my customers—ages 16 to 70—can wear this, and they do! Over casual clothing, occasion wear, or even going to the beach!"
- The best-selling Bianca Rachele (Di Pietro's own label) open-back crop top ($38) is styled here with a Cozen NYC printed floral mini skirt, $42; Debil Leather Goods chain crossbody bag, $235; Ellen Durkan laser cut metal necklace, $120.
- "This crop top in particular is popular because it has a great fit, and the cut-out back gives you many options for styling," says De Pietro. "It's great for the warmer weather and can be paired with highwaisted skirts, shorts, and pants."
- Everything at De Pietro's Frankford Avenue atelier is made in the USA, with the spotlight on designers local to the Philly area.
Over at Fishtown's Toile, shoppers are pairing this season's smokin' hot crop top with something a little more demure: the super versatile (and affordable!) cardishawl, a best-selling shawl-cardigan hybrid whose name we just coined for lack of better word. "[The fabric] is an extremely comfortable knit drape," boutique owner/fashion designer Bianca De Pietro says. Ooooh, even better. · Toile [Official Site]
· All Going Going Gone! posts [Racked Philly]
· This Is How to Style a Crop Top Like a Classy Lady [Racked Philly]