Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Going, Going, Gone! is our look at best-selling items at boutiques and stores around the Philly area. Notice something flying off the racks at your favorite shopping spot? Hit the tipline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [Image credit: Courtney Apple for Hand in Hand]
- From the Philly-based company Hand in Hand, these sustainably-made, eco-friendly bath and body products benefit a good cause: For every soap, candle, or jar of bath salts purchased, Hand in Hand donates one bar
- Shari Dixon's USA-made wearables are a perennial Mother's Day favorite, shop owner Elaine Tse tells us. The designer just added pressed flower lockets to her line-up, which are already leading sales at Tselaine.
- Handcrafted by Bay Area jewelry designer Lauren Wolf, these sterling silver pieces are the perfect marriage of spunky and sweet. Tselaine's "urban mom" clientele is gravitating toward the pearl earrings and
This week's Going, Going, Gone! feature goes out to Mom -- or whatever esteemed female figure in your life gave you guidance, baked you cookies, and/or taught you how to use the potty. You'll want to give her proper reparations on Sunday, and Elaine Tse, the owner of the accessories boutique Tselaine, has filled her Rittenhouse Square shop with a multitude of pretty little things you'll be proud to gift wrap. Click through the above to learn more about Tselaine's three top-selling gifts for Mother's Day.
· Tselaine [Facebook]
· Tselaine's 5 Cardinal Rules for Creating the Perfect Ring Stack [Racked Philly]
· Philly's Best Gift Shops for Mother's Day—and Beyond [Racked Philly]