Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- For the tech-savvy dad: Urbanears's low-pro headphones sport a built-in microphone for answer calls mid-song, plus an additional headphone jack for dual-person jam sessions. Did we mention the headband and ear cushions are machine-washable? A clean
- For the bike commuter dad: Carradice's Duxback Poncho takes the groan out of rainy-day ride to work with reproofable waxed cotton, taped seams, and enough fabric to help keep his favorite suit dry.
- For the workaholic dad: La Colombe's Pure Black Cold Brew Coffee ($30/12-Pack) will help him burn the midnight oil for 12 days straight.
- For the hipster dad: Even if he loathes ties, this natural indigo-dyed Celestial Navigation Bandana from Philly's Honest Alchemy ($34) is one accessory he'll
- For the comedian dad: He'll appreciate the absurdity of this Fishtown Yacht Club Tee, $22 from South Street's Cheesesteaktees.
- For the well-groomed dad: Let him lather up with moisturizing cedarwood- and hops-infused shaving soap, made in small batches at Queen Village apothecary SoapBox. Bu
- For the gym rat dad: Handcrafted in Philly and lacking any ostentatious athletic brand logos, R.E.Load's Duffle Bag ($89) is roomy enough for a change of clothes, a pair of sneaker
- For the dog lover dad: This NYC-made bulldog tie, regularly $68 at Duke & Winston
- For the dad who has everything: He has everything, eh? Does he have these locally-made Buffalo Nickel Cuff Links ($176) from Wayne's Waltzi
- For the boy scout dad: This Swedish-made Wetterlings Scout Hatchet ($180 at Trove General Store) makes quick work of splitting firewood for a campfire.
- For the bibliophile dad: Dads Are the Original Hipsters offers page after page of visual proof that dads are, in fact, the original hipsters. Find it for $12.95 at Manayunk gift shop The Little Apple.
- For the dad with champagne taste: Barbour's International Original Waxed Jacket scoffs in the face of foul weather with weat
- For the geeky dad: Yoda is camouflaged by hibiscus blossoms in this Star Wars Yoda Aloha 5-Panel Hat, $30 at Vans.
- For the patron dad of the arts: From MoMA darling Analog Watch Co., the
Poor Dad! He puts up with just as much grief from you snot-nosed kids as Mom, but his one special holiday isn't celebrated nearly as emphatically (no really, it's true!).
These 14 seriously awesome gifts pay tribute to the dads out there who spent sleepless nights shushing and rocking, who somehow wrangled countless tiny plastic pieces into a kick-ass toy, and who, at some point in their parenting career, had Cheerios wedged into every nook and cranny of their car's interior.