Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Image credit: Shutterstock
- 1) Deep Cleansing Facial at Affordable Skin Care, $65 (60 minutes) Arguably the city's best-kept secret for facials, Affordable Skin Care in Fishtown delivers expert facials at—
- 2) Plaisir Des Sens Stone Facial at Spa Terme Di Aroma, $135 (90 minutes) The Plaisir Des Sens (“pleasure of the senses”) Stone Facial at Terme Di Aroma cuts right to what makes this Ol
- 3) Restoration Facial at Body Restoration Spa, 60 minutes, $90; 75 minutes, $105 Also known as one of the city's
- 4) Classic Rescue Facial at Rescue Spa, $110 Combining dermatology with soothing spa practices, Rescue Spa is pretty serious about facials. The
- 5) Dr.Hauschka Skin Care Classic Treatment at Eviama Life Spa, $197 (120 minutes) For the eco-conscious, Eviama is a "green" spa blending modern and ancient beauty ritu
Between sweat, sunscreen, and SEPTA exhaust, summers in Philly aren't too easy on the pores, and your face could likely benefit from a little refresher right about now. Something a little more effective than, say, a Biore strip, but less frightening than anything involving local anesthetic.
Read on to find five of the best facials in Philly, including one that many locals consider to be their own little secret. (Not anymore, sorry!)
· Primp and Pamper at 9 of Philly's Very Best Day Spas [Racked Philly]
· Philly's 38 Best Salons, Spas, and Beauty Supply Stores [Racked Philly]
· Eleven of Philly's Most Decadent Spas and Beauty Treatments [Racked Philly]
· All Beauty coverage [Racked Philly]